Phone Numbers and Addresses

IMG_8021 IMG_8022

This week we have been talking about the importance of community.  We have learned about our global address starting from our houses all the way to the universe!  Many students didn’t know their phone number or address, so we started there.  I told them that when I was I kid, there were no cell phones where you could find a person’s name and click to call.  Of course to my Super Kids this made me look ancient!  These kids have never lived in a world without cell phones, iPads, or PVR.  If there was an emergency and you had to get help, you need to know your address and phone number.  Of course setting up playdates was a big discussion too.  As part of our morning work, each student got a cell phone page to write their phone number on and practice dialing.  Then we looked up some addresses on Google Maps.  They loved seeing their houses on the map and learning about “bird’s eye view” maps.  This weekend, each child is going to map their bedroom.  It is so much easier to map your bedroom sitting in your bedroom!  Starting Monday our student teacher is starting her 5 week block with us.  The Super Kids are looking forward to learning with her and helping her learn about being a teacher.

Have a super weekend.