50th Day Of School / Conferences Day 1

IMG_8082 IMG_8079 IMG_8083 IMG_8085 IMG_8089

Today was the 50th day of school!  We celebrated with a jammed packed day of 50s math, dancing, and hula hooping.  The Super Kids started the day completing different math stations.  They included sorting numbers into greater than 50 and less than 50, sorting doubles addition facts, race to 50, and estimating and measuring blocks on records.  After recess we had to dance to Elvis and of course do the bunny hop.  Thanks to our parent volunteer (pictured above) for coming and helping us out with our centres.  Do you ever realize that you are always the one taking the pictures and are rarely in them?

The fun continued by finding out how many times we can complete an activity in 50 seconds.  Counting, twists, hopping, gum chewing, and hula hooping were activities the class counted.  By lunch the Super Kids were tired, but having a blast with math.

On top of all the 50s fun, today was the first day of student led conferences.  I enjoyed meeting with my student’s families and sharing how amazing they are.  Watching the kids share their activities and work with their family was great to see.  I look forward to meeting with the second half of the class and their families on Thursday.