Happy Valentine’s Day

IMG_8639 IMG_8638  IMG_8635 IMG_8641IMG_8636

Happy Valentine’s Day!  What a crazy day in the Super Kid’s classroom!  It was indoor recess (-40C), hot pizza lunch, and our Valentine’s party!  The trifecta!  The class loved to exchange their cards and thank each other.  We also did a science experiment with candy hearts.  We predicted what we thought would happen when we placed candy hearts into glasses with vinegar, club soda, and water.  The room smelled like vinegar for most of the afternoon, but the class loved being scientist.

IMG_8633IMG_8632

This week was also “I Love To Read” week at our school.  We had PJ day on Monday and read our favourite bedtime stories with our 3/4 buddies.  We even when to the library and had a special story with our librarian.  Thursday was dress like your favourite character/wear words day.  I went as Waldo. We had lots of kids wearing words and others dressed up.  Some kids were Pinkalicious, Thing 1, and Fly Guy etc.  We searched for Waldo in the Where’s Waldo books.  One Super Kid came up with the idea to use a magnifying glass. Brilliant!

IMG_8623IMG_8624

We also had our genius hour and there are some exciting projects being developed.  We have become space, shark, dinosaur, and animal experts!   Many like to work on their projects during centres.  One Super Kid studied sharks because I brought in a picture of myself swimming with sharks to relate to a book we read as a class.

IMG_8644 IMG_8645

We wish everyone a Happy Valentine’s Day!  Enjoy the long weekend.