Raising Painted Lady Butterflies!

IMG_9597      IMG_9577

This week the Super Kids were very excited to welcome new guests to our classroom…..caterpillars!  We are learning about life cycles in our science unit and what better way to learn about them then to witness the process first hand.  The caterpillars are already growing and we can’t wait to see how big they are after the long weekend.  Some have already shed their skin for the first time.  The arrival of our new friends has started lots of conversations about bugs and insects.  We plan to change our classroom from a rainforest into a garden full of bugs!  I have a feeling we will have lots of visitors from the playground joining us for some time in our science center.

IMG_9573        IMG_9569

Many of the Super Kids have finished their rainforest animal research projects.  Some need a little more time to complete it.  Our projects have a table of contents, a glossary, diagrams and our research webs!  One Super Kid even added an index just for fun!  We have become non-fiction writing experts.  The picture below show some of us reading our fascinating books.  They are in our classroom library to share with each other.

IMG_9566 IMG_9565

May long weekend is almost here!  We are very excited to enjoy the warm weather.  We’ve been dancing up a storm to the new Justin Timberlake video “Can’t Stop The Feeling”.  I record our moves, but can’t seem to upload the video.  I’ll keep trying and hopefully I’ll be able to figure it out.  Stay tuned.  The video is so great!  In the meantime I’ve attached the YouTube link for the actual music video, if you need a movement break too.  You can’t help but dance.

One thought on “Raising Painted Lady Butterflies!