Butterflies!

What a week in the Super Kid classroom!

Our butterflies are beginning to hatch!  In science we have been learning about the life cycles of different animals with a focus on insects.  We have been anxiously waiting for them to hatch.  Yesterday, we had one butterfly and by lunch we had five.  Today we have ten so far.  The kids are amazed!  We even saw one shaking and then break through with wet wings.  I overheard a conversation between two girls that made me laugh!

girl 1 –  “You know, I can’t believe they’re butterflies already!”

girl 2 – “They grow up so fast don’t they.” 🙂

IMG_9673 IMG_9663

IMG_9661IMG_9662

I can’t believe how all of my students have grown as readers!  They have books from home, the library and our classroom library in their book bags.  Some are busting.  They are reading with expression and purpose.  I’m thrilled with their progress and I hope that every family celebrates!

IMG_9634 IMG_9633

Unfortunately, we didn’t get to go to “Dancing In The Park” today.  Every year the kids in grade 1-3 learn different folk dances and we go to the park and perform them with other kids from other schools.  It rain on our first scheduled day and again today on our rain date.  Oh well.  We can’t control the weather. 🙂  What do you do when it is indoor recess…make masterpieces of course.  I came back from lunch recess and found this on the classroom floor.  My kids really are super!