Aviation Museum Field Trip / Choir Gives Back

On Monday, all 4 grade 1/2 classes went to the Royal Aviation Museum of Canada right here in Winnipeg.  After a long drive with construction delays and a train, we finally got to our destination just in time to see a water bomber take off right in front of the museum!

We headed upstairs for some play time in the kid’s centre before lunch.  The class loved pretending to go through a metal detector.  Some even took off their shoes and put them in the basket.  Others enjoyed taking turns flying the plane and guiding the planes in the tower.

IMG_9787      IMG_9781

Next we headed downstairs for some bubble fun!  We learned how to make our own bubble wands to make huge bubbles!

IMG_9792    IMG_9791

Finally, we headed for our tour around the museum.  Our leader was very animated and funny.  He kept our attention and taught us lots about different kinds of planes.  One student even got to sit in a plane and move the controls to show how the plane moves direction.  We got to sit in an old Air Canada plane like we were taking off to Hawaii.

We had a great day learning together. 🙂

I had the pleasure to accompany the Island Singers to a retirement home to perform today.  Many of the Super Kids have chosen to be part of our school’s grade 1-4 choir.  This group traveled to a local assisted living facility to entertain the residents today.  They were wonderful!  The audience smiled, clapped along, and tapped their feet. One lovely lady asked me to come talk to her.  She told me how thrilled she was that the kids came to see them.  It was the highlight of her week and she even had her hair done.  She told me that seeing the kids made her smile and she felt young again.  🙂  I’m so glad that the Super Kids and the rest of the choir could make members of our community happy.  Our music teacher had done a fantastic job with the kids and I was thrilled to be able to come along.