Making New Friends

Welcome back everyone!  I want to thank all the families that visited the classroom for opening day conferences.  It was great to meet new families and reconnect with returning ones.  I enjoyed showing each student around the room and helping them feel comfortable with the beginning of our year together.

img_0282img_0292img_0289

img_0281 img_0284

The past few days have been a busy time in our classroom.  Many are experiencing what it is like to be at school for a full day for the first time.  It is wonderful to see how my returning grade 2 students are helping their new grade 1 friends adjust.  The cooperation during centres, recess, and at desk work is wonderful.  I found myself just standing back today and watching them interact with each other.

img_0340img_0342img_0346

img_0343img_0347

Today we went to the library for the first time.  Mrs. Z and Mr. Baker read a story to us and we picked out our books for the week.  Remember to return them for next Day 4.  Many of the super kids decided to keep reading their library books during choice time.

img_0338 img_0339img_0323

During math time, we became apple investigators!  We measured, estimated, and weighed our apples.  We even tasted them after counting how many seeds were inside them.  Yummy!

img_0327 img_0334 img_0331img_0336

An important part of our day is movement breaks.  Everyone needs to move and get their wiggles out.  “Just Dance” videos do the trick!  Today we danced along to Ghostbusters.

img_0350

I hope all of my super kids enjoyed the first couple of days of school.

See you Monday. 🙂

2 thoughts on “Making New Friends

1. Jake was talking about dancing and Ghostbusters but I didn’t quite understand what he was talking about. He was very excited about it though! Thanks for sharing. I’m so excited about this blog!