Special Times

Its official…we have one week of school left!  This is crazy. NUTS!!!

Looking back on the school year, we have done so many exciting things together, wondered so many questions, found so many answers, and grew as learners throughout the process.  I don’t just mean my incredible students, but I have learned from each and every one of them.

This week is going to be a tough one for me.  I’m not only passing on “my kids” to their next years teacher, but I’m packing up my classroom and moving to a brand new school in our school division.

I’m excited to have this opportunity.  How many teachers can say they’ve been on the staff that opened two school?  With this move comes mixed emotions.  I’ve been at my current school for 16 years!  I know…thats a long time!  I know the kids, parents, families and the community.  I even lived in the community for 5 years at one point.  The school feels like my second home.  I’m going to miss my students, families, colleagues, and friends.  So, needless to say, I’m going to be a blubbering mess this week.  Just thought I’d warn everyone now. 🙂 I’m looking forward to celebrating our time together this week.

This past week we tried to have our last assembly which traditionally has been outside.  We tried…but the rain didn’t hold off and we ended up having to finish it in the gym.  We spend the first 45 minutes outside.  Our music teacher surprised Mrs. Benes and myself with a goodbye song sang by the 1/2 classes.  Yep…bring on the waterworks!

The other day I was at the book store, my happy place, and I saw a wonderful new book I just had to get.  It is called Carson Crosses Canada by Linda Bailey and Kass Reich.

It is about a dog and his owner crossing Canada from BC to Labrador.  Each page tells of their adventures as they stop in each of the provinces.  They even take a swim in Lake Winnipeg!  The class loved it.  What a great book to read around Canada Day!  You never know what you’ll find at the book store!

Stay tuned this week for some posts about our field day, buddy celebrations, and the last day together.  Take care.

5 thoughts on “Special Times

1. Words can’t describe what a fantastic year it has been and how you will be missed by all. Wishing you a wonderful summer and all the best in your new school. Thank you for keeping us up-to-date with this amazing blog. Big hugs & lots of love from the Beniac Family xo

2. We will miss you tremendously! Thank you for all that you’ve done for J and the rest of the superkids. Don’t be surprised if we come visit you in your new school. All the best and those kids are very lucky to have you.